Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Guest Spotlight with Anita Young

In the Spotlight....



Anita creates beautiful design using yarn, beads and fabric. Are you looking for a colorful rose on a stem, then her shop is the perfect place to shop. I was able to have a chat with her to learn more about her business.

Tell us about your work-space?
My work-space is my home. We have just moved house, so I'm still working on a craft corner and using where ever I can find a comfy space in the mean time.

Where do you find inspiration?
My inspiration comes from many different places. Things I see on the internet or in books, comments people make, sometimes even the yarn or fabric also gives me an idea.



What are some of your goals, hopes and dreams for your shop?
My dream is to share beauty with many, while helping those less fortunate, by building this shop into a full time business.

How did you first become interested in making your products?
It all started by trying to find a way to use up scraps and finding that I had something people were interested in buying.



Do you work on your shop full time?
I'm a homeschooling mother, so I work on my shop after school, in the evening and during school vacations.

Do any of your designs have a special personal meaning for you?
The baby shawl has a special personal meaning as it is the same design I made for my own children. The occasional vintage item I list usually has a personal history that means a lot and a couple of items planned for the future have personal meanings to me as well.


What are your goals for your business in the coming year?
For the coming year, my aims are to improve the listings already in my shop, increase sales and develop some new items.



Thank you so much for stopping by blog. Here is a link to view more of her items.

The Young Designers 

No comments:

My Etsy Shop